Since I’m on my new computer, Microsoft Surface Book 2, I had to meet some BSOD issues due to the NVIDIA driver :
Some tutorials say to uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA driver ! Well this advice sucks and won’t fix your issue at all ! Luckily, I managed to fix by myself.
1. Check where does the error come from
You must download this app named Whoscrasched. It allows to extract the minidump logs in order to obtain possible information about the origin of Windows crashes.
2. Be sure, you use the last version of the NVIDIA graphic card
Yes, it’s very important cause with Microsoft update, my graphic card stucked on an old version ! So i directly downloaded the Geforce Experience from the Nvidia website ! Once, you’re done to download, it will detects the last version of your NVIDIA for your computer !
3. Cleaning your registry
Sometimes the driver can be in conflict with an old one that has been installed. So you must download CCleaner to clean everything that mess up your system!
4. Disable the sleep
Yes, it drains the battery, but sometimes when you pull out the standby computer, the driver does not load and causes an error.
5. If you still encounter issues, here is an other tip :
1. Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), it’s free
2. Restart your laptop in safe mode then launch DDU, choose uninstall and reboot
3. When it’s done, download Resplendence Software – Registrar Registry Manager Free Home Edition
4. Go on search tab then tape NVIDIA (actually it’s probably these keys which give issues)
5. So delete all of them, excepted those with 3D softwares or games
7. Download and install the last NVIDIA drivers (Don’t install Nvidia Geforce experience)
Well, since I made those adjustments, everything’s fine so far ! If you have others tips, don’t hesite to comment !